THE NATIONAL AUDIT OFFICE OF THE REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA
RULES ON USING COOKIES
Budgetary institution National Audit Office of Lithuania, code 188659229, address of registration Pamėnkalnio St 27, 01113 Vilnius (hereinafter – NAO, we), undertakes to ensure the security of your personal information and the protection of your rights when you use our websites valstybeskontrole.lt, signals.lt and tfma.eu (hereinafter – our websites) and the content contained therein.
In implementing these duties, the NAO follows the Law on Legal Protection of Personal Data of the Republic of Lithuania, the Law on Electronic Communications of the Republic of Lithuania and other legal acts regulating the legal protection of personal data and privacy.
In case you have any questions regarding this Policy or the issues described therein, please contact us by e-mail [email protected]
- In what methods and what information about you can be collected by the NAO;
- For what purposes the NAO uses the collected information about you;
- For how long the NAO protects your personal information;
- Whether the information about you will be disclosed to other persons;
- When and how the NAO can process the personal data of minors;
- What rights you have and how you can implement them;
- Which cookies are collected, used and stored by the NAO;
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- You yourself submit your data when registering on our websites or in another way;
- Automatically when you visit our websites every time;
- When, with your consent, other websites or portals transmit us your data.
The data you submitted yourself
NAO collects and stores personal data that you submit about yourself when registering on our websites and creating your account: name, surname, email address, user login name.
You can delete your created account on the NAO website at any time. When you delete your account, the NAO will lose all the personal information you provide. In case you want to delete your account, please contact us by e-mail [email protected] Your account will be deleted no later than within two business days after we receive a request by the aforementioned e-mail.
The following personal data can be collected automatically: IP address, e-mail address, user login, password.
You can send a request for us to delete all the information about you collected and processed automatically by e-mail [email protected] The data will be deleted no later than within two business days after we receive a request by the aforementioned e-mail.
Other websites and social networks
If, when using our websites, you choose to access your account via social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Google, etc., the NAO can also receive the information about you collected on these websites.
We may also receive your personal data in the event, with your consent, other websites or portals transmit us your data.
Objectives for information collection
The NAO automatically collects information about you every time you visit NAO websites, in order to:
- Ensure the convenient, effective performance of websites that follows your needs;
- Ensure a smooth administration of websites (for example, when sending a reminder of your account login data, notifying about temporary access problems of our websites, other interruptions, etc.);
- Respond to your requests, inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Provide you with interesting offers and relevant information;
- Have a possibility to contact you regarding any information you provided;
- Have a possibility to carry out statistical and other analysis for continuous improvement of the websites content and the services provided therein.
We also analyze and use general data that may be based on your personal data, but in the way that it is no longer possible to identify your personal name. Such data is analyzed in order to describe visitors or their groups.
The term of storage
Longer storage of your personal information can only be carried out in the following cases:
- When there is a reasonable suspicion of illegal act which is the subject of an investigation;
- When your data is necessary for the proper resolution of the dispute, complaint;
- If we have received complaints relating to the visitor or if we have detected violations by the corresponding visitor; or
- Under other specific legal grounds.
Such data shall be destroyed immediately upon receipt of legal instructions from the law enforcement or other authorized institutions.
Disclosure of the data
The personal data you provide will not be disclosed to third parties in any way, except in cases provided by law, when such disclosure is necessary (for example, to law enforcement authorities, the court).
Data transfer to third parties may also be carried out with your prior consent.
Processing of the personal data of minors
No content is published in the NAO websites that can only be displayed to people over a certain age.
When handling the personal data of minors, on the basis of consent for the provision of information society services, such processing of data is legal if the minor has reached the age of at least 16 years. If such minor has not reached the age of 16, such processing is legal only if the consent was given or the processing was authorized by the minor's parents or guardians, THEREFORE:
- If you are under the age of 18 but already reached the age of 16, when using the services provided on our websites, you confirm that you have the consent from your parents, guardians for disclosure of your personal information to the NAO;
- If you are under the age of 16, you can use the services and content on our websites only if your parents, guardians have provided the consent to the NAO.
- Get acquainted with your personal data collected according to this Policy, which are managed by the NAO;
- Find out from which sources and what personal data are collected, for what purpose they are processed, to which data recipients they are provided or has been provided to during the last 6 months;
- After getting acquainted with your personal data, you have the right to request the correction of incorrect, inaccurate personal data;
- Disagree with the processing of your personal data; in which case you may lose access to our website content;
- Require to limit the processing of data;
- Cancel the given consent regarding cookies.
Upon receipt of such a request or instruction, we will reply within 20 (twenty) calendar days in the manner in which the request or instruction was received and we will perform actions specified by you or will reasonably refuse to do so. The NAO implements the aforementioned rights free of charge.
If we have any doubts about the accuracy of the personal data you submitted, we may stop processing this data, verify and correct this data. Such personal data would only be used in order to verify their accuracy.
Your request, inquiry or instruction to the NAO shall be submitted in one of the following ways:
- By registered mail to the address Pamėnkalnio St 27, 01113 Vilnius;
- By e-mail [email protected], signed by a certified e-signature;
- By e-delivery information system.
When defending your infringed rights related to legal protection of personal data, you have the right to file a complaint to the State Data Protection Inspectorate (www.ada.lt).
RULES ON USING COOKIES
- To avoid re-registration and re-filling of questionnaires for regular website visitors;
- To recognize returning visitors to the website;
- To analyze your habits in order to make the websites function conveniently and efficiently, and meet your needs and expectations.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files (up to several KB) that your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Safari) publishes on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. They allow websites to store such data as the IP address of the device, browser type, age group, gender, data on how you use the website (what pages you see, what content you are interested in).
Information about using the website received by cookies – a standard web log information (including your IP address) and anonymous information about the visitor's behavior – is transmitted to Google and Google stores it on servers that are outside Lithuania. Before we send your IP address to Google, we convert it to anonymous.
According to Google's Privacy Shield certification, Google declares that it complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Frameworks. Google can transfer information collected by Google Analytics to third parties if it is required by law or when third parties manage information on behalf of Google.
Under the Google Analytics Terms of Service, Google will not associate the IP address of data subject with any other data Google have.
How to manage cookies?
You can manage and/or delete cookies according to your preferences. You can delete all cookies that already are on your computer, and you can set cookies shall not be saved in most of the browsers.
In most of the browsers you can:
- Check which cookies are saved and delete some cookies;
- Block cookies from third parties;
- Block cookies from specific websites;
- Block the transmission of all cookies;
- Delete all cookies when closing your browser.
If you chose to delete cookies, remember that all the settings you have set will also be deleted. In addition, if you have completely blocked cookies, many websites (including our websites) will not function properly. You can usually find these settings in the "Settings" or "Internet Options" section on your browser:
In order to understand these settings, you may find the provided links helpful or you can use the "Help" section on your browser in order to receive more information.
If you want to opt-out Google Analytics cookies, download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on